Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Deep End...

When I was about 5 years old I took swimming lessons at the local YMCA.  And, I flunked.  Twice.  I didn't pass because I was too scared to jump off the diving board into the deep end of the water.  I was so scared of trying something new and unexpected that I had to keep repeating the same lesson over...and over again.

I'm definitely a perfectionist.  The unknown can cause me to be paralyzed with fear to the point of being literally frozen where I am.  Starting this blog is kind of like standing on the end of that diving board staring down into the unknown 'deep end.'

However, I'm going to jump in anyway.  I am excited to have a place to share all the good stuff that surrounds me.  Happy stuff.  Crafty stuff.  Scrappy stuff.  New things I learn.  Whatever happens to be on my mind at any particular moment.  Hang on and enjoy, because here we go...

One....Two....THREE!   



4 comments:

  1. Jumping off the diving board into the deep end really isn't so bad... (of course I taught swim lessons at the YMCA for almost 15 years)! LOL

    Glad you decided to join the blogging world. your blog is really cute! I've bookmarked it too! I'll be checking in regularly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie, I appreciate it! You inspired me ya know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww....really? Thank you! I'm glad that you were inspired! :) Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, really! :o) And, happy blogging to you as well!

    ReplyDelete