Monday, July 5, 2010

Pencils!

I am currently in the middle of creating my craft room, and it has definitely been a labor of love!  I thought it would be fun to share some of the progression before I unveil the 'final product.'


I have an absolute LOVE of colored pencils.  Specifically, Prismacolor colored pencils!  I think they color and write SO smooth!  I also think they're too pretty to keep in some pencil box, stuffed in a drawer.  So, I made them part of the decor of my room.  It's great to see all the colors, and it adds a nice splash of color to an otherwise blue wall.

I got the flower pot from Menard's and I filled it up with about 5 bags of black beans for the 'dirt.'  Then I just added all of the pencils, with the tip up, and voila!  The result was a practical pencil display.  Not quite a floral display...but that's not really my style anyway.  ;)

So if you're trying to decide what to do with your pencils, and you have an old flower pot sitting on a shelf in the basement or attic that you'd love to get out again...try this.  It's easy and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment